You have to dig a good bit to find the ACS’s more “liberal” recommendations, but here’s one:
- Eat a healthy diet, with an emphasis on plant foods
- Limit your intake of processed meats such as bacon, sausage, lunch meats, and hotdogs
- Choose fish, poultry, or beans instead of red meat (beef, pork, and lamb)
- Emphasize whole fruits and vegetables
- [Contaminants] and compounds find their way into the food supply through agricultural use, animal farming, or food processing, even if their use is not directly intended for human consumption. Examples include growth hormones or antibiotics used in animal farming, small amounts of pesticides and herbicides in plant-based foods, and compounds such as bisphenol A (BPA) or phthalates that enter food from packaging. Some of these compounds are not known to directly cause cancer, but they may influence cancer risk in other ways – for example, by acting as hormone-like substances in the body.
(emphasis in bold mine)